Saturday, January 4, 2014

Plans for 2014

Last year, posting was very erratic, and I hope to introduce more regimen into my blogging this year. So here are my plans:

Armchair Reviews

I shall continue doing my Armchair Reviews of RPG core books and source material that catch my interest. I already have quite the backlog, so there shouldn't be a lack in things to review.

I will, however, try to lock down on a better format for the reviews. These are armchair reviews, after all, meaning that they're done from the point of view is from a detached reader, and not one who's actually run the game itself.

Campaign Frameworks

The Campaign Frameworks I've started that will continue are the Border Wardens and Confederation Chronicles frames -- both of which I hope to continue until the middle of the year.

After that, I hope to shift to two other Campaign Frameworks: Night City Blues (a Cyberpunk / F.R.E.E.Lancers / Mutant City Blues mashup), and a still hazy Fading Suns one until the end of the year.

To be honest, I'm still wrestling with a format for these, but I hope to finish enough content for one of these to lay out into some kind of free PDF document.

Mining for Inspiration

I also plan on choosing occasional TV shows, Movies, Anime, Books, Comics, and other media (including old RPGs) and picking them apart for use in adventuring, GMing and gaming in general. Ideally, these are going to be centered in the first half of the year on inspirations for the Night City Blues and Fading Suns campaign frameworks -- which are both still vague to me anyway.

Here's hoping for a more productive year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.