Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year: Science Fiction Ho!

Science Fiction isn't really all seismic a shift, is it? Fiction-wise, I remember quite a number of early Fantasy novels where the lines blurred. And it was ghettoed in the same sections of the bookstore.

I get the sense, however that Science Fiction trails far behind the Fantasy genre in the table-toop gaming numbers game. Interestingly, I get the same sense for the Science Fiction genre in local (Philippine) fiction.

So, to bolster my other initiative this year (getting into the groove of writing more Science Fiction), I'm trying to refocus my pursuits into this gaming genre. It's a broad genre, to be sure. Anywhere from near-future espionage to post-human exploration of the universe, to the strange interstices in-between -- that's where I'm headed.

And, with the help of some favorite kitchen-sink settings, perhaps a dip into the well of Fantasy gaming from time to time.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.