Saturday, September 5, 2015

Shifting Priorities: Read, Review, Play, Run

Time is such a valuable commodity. Commitments to work, family, and the realities of time, distance, and traffic in the Philippines make it hard to get game time. So I must decide how to handle all my gaming interests by classifying them.

Read

Games, systems, and settings that I'm only going to read. Doesn't mean it's not good -- it just means that in terms of priority (for a variety of reasons), they're not going to be going acted on further. For now.

Review

Games, systems, and settings that I'm going to review. It's a little bit more work here (writing takes time and effort, naturally), but it's worth it to review & promote it.

Play

Games, systems, and settings that I'm going to try to find a way to play (either offline one-shots or online campaigns). Have to be moderately familiar with system and setting. And time is spent scheduling and playing and building characters and so on.

Run

Games, systems, and settings that I'm only going to run. Have to be familiar with the system, setting, and have some kind of adventure ready. Then find players and a venue (online & offline).

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's my side of things. Let me know what you think, my friend.